Sunday, February 2, 2014

Experience with Ruby

Sorry for the late post.  I have not blog in a very long time.  I also just figured out how to work this blogger and still am, but hopefully I'll get the hang of it.

I will talk about Ruby and my experience with it.  "At first, I was afraid, I was petrified" just like the song from Gloria Gaynor, "I will survive".  I have always heard of Ruby in my computer science classes from my professors.  They would say it is easier than Java which I thought, why didn't we start with that.  I had a hard time learning Java as I thought it was too fast for someone like me who has no experience to learn it.  I am hoping that Ruby will help me get better at coding.

Going through the exercises with Code Academy made me feel confident because I could move on understanding what I had just done and how it works.  This experience was a relief.  I don't feel as stressed as I was when I was learning Java.  With this program I am able to go slow or fast as I please which gives me control to go back if I do forget how to write a certain code.

Learning Ruby through the Code Academy seems better and even possible for me to actually understand a programming language.  I found that there is an app on the Apple Store, this is the link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/codecademy-hour-of-code/id762950096?mt=8, it should look like this:



This app has many exercises and a good addition to learning Ruby.

1 comment:

  1. Good post - glad you are liking code academy - please try and hyperlink - I've updated the post for you this time.

    ReplyDelete